Hi readers! Wow, I totally suck at posting. Whenever I resolve to write more often, the opposite usually occurs.
I wanted to share some of my recent work I’ve been lucky enough to do. Not only have I been writing fun articles for our blog at FITNESS, I’ve been attending some awesome events and butt-kicking workouts. Within the past two weeks, I tried out to be a ballperson for the U.S. Open (I didn’t make the cut), went to a ribbon-cutting in Connecticut at Chelsea Piers new location, tried out land paddlesurfing in Columbus Circle, took a cooking class at the French Culinary Institute with Neil Kleinberg, and sweated with the best of ‘em at a couple intense workouts. Even though it’s hotter than all get out, my job has made me very thankful to be living in one of the most vibrant cities in the world. Thanks NYC!
I also raced in the Pride Run, which was put on by Front Runners of New York. I didn’t go as fast as I’d hoped, but it was so hot that I let myself off the hook.
Also, my good friend Paulette Safdieh introduced me to her editor at Bridal Guide Magazine. After telling her my very unconventional wedding story, I was encouraged to apply to become a “Real Bride blogger.” Paulette must have pulled a few strings because the editor really dug my writing, and I’m officially part of the Bridal Guide family. I’ll be contributing weekly to the site to share my experiences with wedding planning and a long-distance marriage with a military man. You can find my first post here.
Here are some of my posts I’ve written for The Fit Stop.
- We’ve got an amazing beauty intern at staff who’s always so put together she amazes me and makes me look bad at the same time. She interviewed me for our beauty blog on my beauty routine. It’s not a life-changing read, but it was fun to be on the other side.
- I interviewed Christal Engle, a beach volleyball player who’s originally from Puyallup, WA but lives in L.A. now. You have to check out her smokin’ bod — it’ll inspire you to do some of the moves she does to get her game in gear. P.S. She’s even more beautiful in person, if that’s possible.
- We did a round-up of yummy summer smoothie recipes, and if I actually had some counterspace I’d go out and buy a blender just so I could test some of them out.
- I chatted with Michael Johnson — yup, Fastest Guy in the World Michael Johnson — about an app he contributed to inspire people to get in shape, and then tested a workout inspired by the new Disney hit “Brave” that incorporates archery moves and swordsmanship. I also came back to the office sweaty and gross, so I’m taking this moment to apologize to my cube neighbors — I’m sorry.
- Last but not least, here’s an interview with a pretty bad-ass 17-year-old. When she blows up, you can tell everyone you know you read it here first.
Stay tuned for more stories and updates!